Re: PGXLOG variable worthwhile?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGXLOG variable worthwhile?
Date: 2002-09-16 17:25:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Justin Clift writes:

> WinNT/2k/XP costs a few hundred dollars.
>
> MS SQL Server costs a few thousand dollars.

The places that run Windows can be categorized into three camps: (1)
Those that don't have a clue. They will never run PostgreSQL. (2) Those
that are somehow afraid to switch to a different solution. They will be
even more hesitant to switch to PostgreSQL. (3) Those that somehow like
Windows. They will like MS SQL Server as well, no matter what we do.

So where is the market?

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net