Re: ecpg hackery to get ecpg to compile from FreeBSD ports...

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ecpg hackery to get ecpg to compile from FreeBSD ports...
Date: 2002-09-10 23:05:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Sean Chittenden writes:

> This is anecdotal for the archives, but the problem was that when
> building with krb5, I had (wrongly?) appended krb5-config's --cflags
> output to the CFLAGS for the build... which, nine times out of ten,
> was exactly the same as what was used with the --with-includes. If
> they're different, the person's horked, but that should be a minority
> of the time. Anyway, just an FYI.

The foo-config scripts are invariably bogus[*] -- don't use them.
Especially if you're building in a predictable environment such as the
ports tree you don't even need it since the location is known.

[*] at least those that claim to give you the full CFLAGS, unlike
pg_config

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net