Re: database size

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com>
To: philip johnson <philip(dot)johnson(at)atempo(dot)com>
Cc: David Blood <david(at)matraex(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: database size
Date: 2002-06-21 01:36:06
Lists: pgsql-general

philip johnson dijo:

> Yesterday when I saw that it wasn't in tar file
> I went to cvs tree, and got thoses file
> It's seems that there are some modification in source tree
> and it's not possible to get a valid compilation
>
> people from postgresql, could you explain me how to do it
> with a source tar 7.2.1 ?

One way is to get the OID of the database in question:
SELECT oid FROM pg_database WHERE datname='<your-database>';

Then go to $DATA/base/<oid-you-just-got> and look at the size of that
directory.

There's also contrib/oid2name that you can use to look at what each file
corresponds to.

"La paz mas desventajosa es mejor que la guerra mas justa"