7.3.3 RPM build

From: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)acm(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 7.3.3 RPM build
Date: 2003-06-26 20:31:30
Lists: pgsql-general

I tried to build new RPMs this morning from the 7.3.3-1PGDG src RPM
because I didn't want tcl or python support. I've done this before with
7.2.1 or 7.3.1. I modified the spec file and the build went OK but when I
tried to install the RPMs I got the following error.

{/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386}# rpm -Uvh --test *.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
perl(Pg) is needed by postgresql-contrib-7.3.3-1PGDG

These were the RPMs created. Obviously no perl stuff.

postgresql-7.3.3-1PGDG.i386.rpm
postgresql-contrib-7.3.3-1PGDG.i386.rpm
postgresql-devel-7.3.3-1PGDG.i386.rpm
postgresql-docs-7.3.3-1PGDG.i386.rpm
postgresql-libs-7.3.3-1PGDG.i386.rpm
postgresql-server-7.3.3-1PGDG.i386.rpm

Is the PostgreSQL perl stuff buried in the tcl or python stuff. Or could
it be, as I just remembered I wasn't watching the whole build, a non-fatal
RPM error.

Doing some further testing. I tried a cheap trick and pulled the
postgresql-pl-7.3.3-1PGDG.i386.rpm from a download site and now get the
following errors.

{/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386}# rpm -Uvh --test *.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
perl(Pg) is needed by postgresql-contrib-7.3.3-1PGDG
libtcl.so.0 is needed by postgresql-pl-7.3.3-1PGDG

I realize I could get by with installing the libtcl stuff but don't
otherwise have a use for it. Just seems a waste of disk space. Oh yeah,
I finally installed without the contrib stuff but would like to have it
available later on.

Any ideas on where I should look or how to proceed?

Thanks,
Rod