Re: MS Access, pgsqlODBC and PostgreSQL in Linux via

From: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
To: Andrew Gould <andrewgould(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: MS Access, pgsqlODBC and PostgreSQL in Linux via
Date: 2003-06-26 18:08:41
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Andrew Gould wrote:

> I look forward to seeing the native Windows port of
> PostgreSQL. Will performance be comparable to Unix
> versions?

Probably not. for one thing, it'll be a new port, and for another, it
will still optimized for Unix primarily, and any optimizations for Windows
that get in the way of Unix optimizations or require IFDEFs all over the
code are likely to not be accepted.

However, the earlier testing with the 7.2.1 windows port showed it to be
MUCH faster than running postgresql under cygwin.