max | last INET in table

From: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)acm(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: max | last INET in table
Date: 2002-09-11 21:11:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Well this will seem strange but I'm trying to figure out a way to select
the last INET value in a table. I found that max() isn't defined for
inet and a max(text()) gives - obviously - an alphabetical max which is
incorrect.

Is there a function I've missed or a SQL trick to get the last IP address
out of a table?

TIA,
Rod