Re: Multi-Versions and Vacuum

From: grant <grant(at)amadensor(dot)com>
To: Anthony Berglas <anthony(dot)berglas(at)lucida(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Multi-Versions and Vacuum
Date: 2002-07-19 16:20:10
Lists: pgsql-general

If Oracle uses multiple version concurrency, then why does it appear to do
row locking (I use Oracle at work, but I do not admin it)

The only downside I have seen to MVCS is the extra disk space, but with
the performance improvements in a highly concurrent use environment, it is
well worth it.

Q: Does VACUUM FULL remove the rows that are too many for the FSM? Or,
are they just stuck? I know that regular VACUUM will not allow reuse of
overflowed rows. Also, how does one calculate the propper size for the
FSM?

Your mouse has moved.
You must restart Windows for your changes to take effect.

#!/usr/bin/perl
print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);