function and variable names

From: Brian Bruns <camber(at)ais(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: function and variable names
Date: 2002-02-07 00:27:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

I've started separating out the general socket code away from the
frontend/backend protocol code to make way for the inclusion of other
network protocols, and have some style questions.

I see a lot of the code has K&R style names such as foo_bar_baz() and some
has FooBarBaz() style. Is one a newer style and one an older? or is it
just a function of different developers working on the code? Personally I
like K&R style but will of course adapt to whatever is the consensus view.

Also, while I'm in there (and after reading the threads thread), I'll be
moving some of the globals/statics to either the Port structure or
protocol specific structures. Anyone have any other special requests?

Brian