Re: PHP 4.0.4pl1 / Beta 5

From: Sascha Schumann <sascha(at)schumann(dot)cx>
To: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Mitch Vincent <mitch(at)venux(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PHP 4.0.4pl1 / Beta 5
Date: 2001-02-19 07:02:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> * Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> [010218 22:25]:
> > Just shoot it over to the PHP folks. Seems they are already on top if
> > it. I don't want to work around their normal system unless necessary.
> Their stuff seems to sit forever. I put it in the BugDB.

The problem here is that we don't plan to release 4.0.5
during the next month. I don't know the exact timeframe for
the release of PostgreSQL 7.0.1, but regular releases of
PostgreSQL/PHP won't compile together for at least some time.
That is rather frustating for the end-user and will delay the
adoption of the new PostgreSQL release.

> I have a couple of other UnixWare issues that have sort of
> languished...

I found one report which is related to UnixWare's broken
system libraries (#8441). I'll look into working around that
later. If there are others, please point me into their
direction.

Thanks,
- Sascha