Re: Explicit config patch 7.2B4

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Trond Eivind Glomsrød <teg(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>, mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Explicit config patch 7.2B4
Date: 2001-12-17 20:58:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Trond Eivind Glomsrød writes:

> Don't. I'd do it in a heartbeat - I'd love to have /etc/postgresql/
> with defaults. Configuration files should not be located in /var.

This problem has already been solved with symlinks a long time ago.
Nothing new here. In fact, for users that are accustomed to the
"original" source distribution it'd be a much easier-to-understand
approach. (Whether it's "better" in the general sense is being
discussed.)

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net