Re: Problem compiling postgres sql --with-tcl

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <jacques(dot)talbot(at)muhc(dot)mcgill(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: Problem compiling postgres sql --with-tcl
Date: 2001-12-15 18:08:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD writes:

> Second I do not understand why the Makefile in pl/tcl is so complicated,
> and not similar e.g. to the plpython one, so the first task should be to
> simplify the Makefile to use Makefile.shlib, and not cook it's own soup.

All the oddities in that makefile are there because presumably some system
needed them in the past. Personally, I think the whole makefile is one
big bug, but I wasn't too eager to touch it because it seemed to work.
Now that we have an actual case where it doesn't I guess we need to look
at it.

> Basically:
> NAME=pltcl
> OBJS=pltcl.o
> SHLIB_LINK=$(TCL_LIB_SPEC) $(TCL_LIBS)
> all: all-lib

That seems about right. Please try it out at your convenience.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net