Re: Open items

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Open items
Date: 2001-11-14 16:24:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian writes:

> Source Code Changes
> -------------------
> Compile in syslog feature by default? (Peter, Tom)

I consider this dead/postponed.

> AIX compile (Tatsuo)
> ecpg patches from Christof (Michael)

* The last message translations should be in before RC1. Stuff that
doesn't compile at that time will be disabled. I suggest that from now on
no more gratuitous "word smithing" in the C code, for the benefit of
translators -- most of our messages stink anyway, and they ain't getting
better with two more spaces in them. ;-)

* Something needs to be done about the expected file for the geometry
test. The standard file used to work on my system ever since I can
remember, but now something's changed (not my system).

The things is that the expected file was last changed without the input
file changing. This must not happen, IMNSHO.

> Documentation Changes

* Re-make key words table (tomorrow at the latest)

* Make man pages (I'll look at that over the weekend. RC1 should be
considered reference page freeze so I can finalize them.)

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net