Re: Open items

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Open items
Date: 2001-11-14 17:07:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> * Something needs to be done about the expected file for the geometry
> test. The standard file used to work on my system ever since I can
> remember, but now something's changed (not my system).
> The things is that the expected file was last changed without the input
> file changing. This must not happen, IMNSHO.

Lockhart has always taken the position that the regression reference
platform is whatever he's using ;-). IIRC, he updated from Mandrake 7
to Mandrake 8, or something like that, over the summer, and voila the
reference geometry results changed.

You need to see if any of the existing variant files for geometry
match your platform, and if not make a new variant; in any case add
an entry to resultmap.

Of course the long-term answer here is to arrange to suppress a few
low-order digits when displaying the geometry results, but that's
not happening for 7.2.