Re: Installation Problems

From: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)chapelperilous(dot)net>
To: Osei <pokuosei(at)home(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installation Problems
Date: 2001-10-24 19:10:46
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Osei wrote:

> then I do :
> initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -L /usr/local/pggql/lib
>
> initdb does not find the file
> '/usr/local/pggql/lib/local1_template1.bki.source'.
> This means you have a corrupted installation or identified the
> wrong directory with the --pglib invocation option.
>
> I dont understand why this is because I have not deviated the standard
> installation instructions.

Try again, but use /usr/local/pgsql/lib

Probably the best thing to do is to set and export some environment
variables:

export PGHOME=/usr/local/pgsql
export PGDATA=$PGHOME/data
export PGLIB=$PGHOME/lib

Put these into whatever login config files you use (.bash_profile or
whatever) for users that need to use Postgres.

-- Brett
http://www.chapelperilous.net/
Superior ability breeds superior ambition.
-- Spock, "Space Seed", stardate 3141.9