Re: Changelog and 7.1.3 release

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Changelog and 7.1.3 release
Date: 2001-08-24 14:15:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian writes:

> Can I ask why we are mentioning the changelog for the release and not
> the list from the HISTORY file? Any why are we putting the changelog in
> the tarball anyway? Seems that could easily go on a web site.

The point of these changelogs was to show the changes between beta and rc
versions, because those were not necessarily recorded in the HISTORY file.
However, putting these in the tarball is questionable (if you already
downloaded the tarball then you might as well proceed with installing it),
still having them there now is even more questionable (who cares?), and
making them for minor releases is redundant and confusing. I vote for
removing them.

First prize for Consistency in Naming, btw.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter