Re: SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE on 7.0

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Enrico Mangano <enrico(dot)mangano(at)nethouse(dot)it>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Alessandro Del Sarto <alessandro(dot)delsarto(at)nethouse(dot)it>
Subject: Re: SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE on 7.0
Date: 2001-06-19 18:14:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Enrico Mangano writes:

> uidb=# SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE ;
> SET VARIABLE
> uidb=# SHOW TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL ;
> NOTICE: TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL is READ COMMITTED
> SHOW VARIABLE
>
> Has the variable really been setted?

Yes, but if was reset after the transaction finished. What you're after
is SET SESSION CHARACTERISTICS AS TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE
in 7.1. (Yes, if I had been in charge I would have chosen a more concise
name.)

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter