Re: ODBC, ssl, problems with.

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Dariusz Pietrzak <dariush(at)ajax(dot)umcs(dot)lublin(dot)pl>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC, ssl, problems with.
Date: 2001-06-16 12:45:14
Lists: pgsql-general

http://www.de.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/postgres/odbc.html

> I am seeking SSL enabled driver for postgres

I don't think that exists.

> what is row versioning?
> It adds 'xmin' column to all my tables, and then Access becomes unable to
> modify 'row versioned' tables because postgres complains about
> incompatibility between 'xid' and 'int4' types. (xmin presumably being xid
> type ).

The xmin column does exist in all PostgreSQL tables. Presumably this
option merely makes it show. I don't think this is useful for general
use.

> Show oid shows oids, but what are they usefull for?

If you don't use them then they're not useful for you.

> Show oids option is also dangerous because it adds column
> before not after any columns, thus forcing changes to application
> expecting something at given column.

If your application is coded like that then you should evidently not use
the show oids option.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter