Re: 7.2 items

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1(at)newn(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.2 items
Date: 2001-05-14 20:36:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Patrick Welche writes:

> > > What's missing with it?
> >
> > * portability
> >
> > At first glance, uses strlcat and strlcpy. Didn't look further.
>
> As I said, I didn't change anything within the GNU make source to get it to
> work.

I am talking about the source of the thing (libintl) itself.

> > * dedication to portability
> >
> > Only plans to support *BSD.
>
> What does this imply?

It implies it won't easily work on non-BSD platforms, which makes it
unusable to many folks.

> > * source code availability
> >
> > Didn't find anything outside NetBSD CVS and the CVS rep where they got it
> > from.

> which I think counts as a postgresql compatible license? Is that what you
> meant?

No, I meant I can't find the source code anywhere in a polished form.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter