Re: syntax error 44 : ->

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Matthew Hixson <hixson(at)poindextrose(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: syntax error 44 : ->
Date: 2001-04-19 20:18:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Matthew Hixson writes:

> Aha. Apparently my global.bki in my 7.1 archive has a bunch of binary
> crap at the end of the file. global.bki in 7.1rc4 is 44 lines long, but
> the one from 7.1 is 168 lines long (according to wc) and contains
> thousands of repetitions of ^(at)(dot)
> I think I got this archive from postgresql.readysetnet.org. I'll
> download it again and see if that file is still that way. If so they may
> have a corrupted archive.

The global.bki file is not in the archive, it is created by
src/backend/catalog/genbki.sh. The C preprocessor, sed, and awk are major
links in that chain. If any source file is corrupted it would be one of
the header files under src/include/catalog.

Btw., there are MD5 sums of the tarballs available.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter