Re: Perl DBI documentation

From: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)chapelperilous(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Perl DBI documentation
Date: 2001-04-18 19:11:57
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> The reason that DBI is not documented is that PostgreSQL doesn't ship a
> DBD/DBI interface. The Pg module is documented as a man page and perldoc.
> The reason that it's not in DocBook yet is not unrelated to the fact that
> no one has ever volunteered to prepare such documentation. I've been
> experimenting with a Perldoc -> DocBook tool, so maybe 7.2 will have
> something there.

Well, perhaps the entire documentation doesn't need to be duplicated, but
a mention (and perhaps a web link to CPAN or something) should be
mentioned in the programmers guide; it could lead to the impression that
there is no Perl interface available at all.

-- Brett
http://www.chapelperilous.net/btfwk/
No modern woman with a grain of sense ever sends little notes to an
unmarried man -- not until she is married, anyway.
-- Arthur Binstead