New Type Internal Length

From: Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie_cumberland(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New Type Internal Length
Date: 2001-04-19 18:29:38
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello All,

I am writing up a new data type forthe project that I am working on and am
wondering if someone can tell me if the "internallength" represents the size of
my structure in "C"

CREATE TYPE complex (
internallength = 16,
input = complex_in,
output = complex_out
);

My "C" structure is composed of two fields:

typedef struct test
{
char a[400];
char b[1300];
} test;

the in/out functions are almost the same as the ones in "complex" example.

I currently only have one test function but it only returns type "test" and
does not receive it in the calling parameters;

test *mytest(int4 number, text *something);

Cheers,
Lonnie