Re: Quick question MySQL --> PgSQL

From: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)chapelperilous(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: sqllist <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Jeff MacDonald <jeff(at)pgsql(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Quick question MySQL --> PgSQL
Date: 2001-03-06 18:14:37
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Just a quick question ... I need to do a regular transfer (daily + on
> demand) of data from a MySQL database to a PostgreSQL database and back
> again. Can anybody steer me towards a good script for this, or do I
> have to write my own in PHP?

Don't think there is an actual migration script (I could be wrong,
though), but a program using Perl DBI or JDBC would make the data access a
bit easier -- if you wrote it generically enough, you could make the data
transfer go both ways with just a command-line switch.

-- Brett
http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
Give all orders verbally. Never write anything down that might go into a
"Pearl Harbor File".