Re: beta3 Solaris 7 (SPARC) port report [ Was: Looking for . . . ]

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Frank Joerdens <frank(at)joerdens(dot)de>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: beta3 Solaris 7 (SPARC) port report [ Was: Looking for . . . ]
Date: 2001-01-25 16:12:02
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Frank Joerdens writes:

> > I have experienced before that Unix sockets will cause random connection
> > abortions on Solaris [ . . . ]
>
> Isn't that _really_ bad? Random connection abortions when going over
> Unix sockets?? My app does _all_ the connecting over Unix sockets?!

That's bad, for sure. Maybe you can check for odd conditions surrounding
the /tmp directory, like is it on NFS, permission problems, mount options.
Or is there something odd in the kernel configuration? If I'm counting
correctly this is the third independent report of this problem, which is
scary.

> > > I also tried using the Sun compiler, which didn't work at all.
> >
> > details on "didn't work" requested...

> $ export CC=CC

Using a C++ compiler to compile C code won't work. You probably meant
CC=cc and CXX=CC.