Re: [ADMIN] postgres 6.2 vacuum

From: Hornyak Laszlo <kocka(at)tigrasoft(dot)hu>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] postgres 6.2 vacuum
Date: 2003-09-25 06:36:05
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

I think it is not that simple. How should I explain the company leaders
why I must stop the system. It may risk their bussiness success too. I can
tell them that the new db is more stable, but until the old one does the
job, it is still acceptable for them (it served the system for 5-6 years
or so). Once it crashes, it is a good reason to do the move.

Laszlo