lo_in: error in parsing

From: Luca Saccarola <lucas(at)computercenter(dot)it>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: lo_in: error in parsing
Date: 2003-01-21 14:21:53
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I am using PostgreSQL 7.1, with the jdbc7.1-1.3.jar file. I am trying to
send a Large Object to the database but get an error saying 'lo_in: error
in parsing <dump of binary data is following>'. The offending statement is
'p.setBinaryStream(1, bis, size);' where bis is an instanceof
DataInputStream and p is a PreparedStatement. The exact same code runs
beautifully under Oracle, but throws this exception under PostgreSQL. I
have followed the documentation to the letter so I don't see why it throws
the exception. The field in the table is of type 'lo', which the
documentation uses.

Any tips ?

Regards.
--