Re: max relations in a single database

From: Ralph Graulich <maillist(at)shauny(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: max relations in a single database
Date: 2002-07-21 15:40:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tom,

referring to your other mail: I did a "make distclean", reran "configure"
again, edited the pg_config.h and patched the pl_funcs.c again. I think
this is even more strict than doing "make clean all".

Checking the local machine with memtest and did a RAID check on the
volumes, no errors were found. I can't check the remote machine right now,
as I cannot safely reboot, as the machine has no serial console.

Concerning reindexing the system catalogue, I did this as describes in the
REINDEX manpage, which was very helpful. So I reindexed in "postgres
single user mode" (so to say) and it didn't complain about anything
unusual. I pg_dumpall'ed the database, did initdb just to be on the safe
side and recreated everything.

While importing the dump file I get the following message on my logfile:

RTERangeTablePosn: RTE not found (internal error)

I traced that back to a CREATE VIEW statement:

CREATE VIEW horse_exported_imported_by_year_country
AS
.
.
.

If I copy'n'paste this definition by hand it tells me that it truncates
the identifier:

NOTICE: identifier "horse_exported_imported_by_year_country" will be
truncated to "horse_exported_imported_by_year"

Can this cause any error as listed above?

Kind regards
... Ralph ...