Re: timeout implementation issues

From: Jessica Perry Hekman <jphekman(at)dynamicdiagrams(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: timeout implementation issues
Date: 2002-04-01 15:49:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Au contraire, it is not assuming anything. It is sending off a cancel
> > request and then waiting to see what happens. Maybe the query will be

Okay, I see now: when processCancelRequest() is called, a return of 127 is
sent. That would indeed work; thanks for walking me through it.

My other question was how to send the timeout value to the backend. Bruce
said at one point:

> Timeout can be part of BEGIN, or a SET value, which would work from
> jdbc.

I'm not sure how this would work. The timeout value would be sent as part
of a SQL query?