CLUSTER TODO item

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CLUSTER TODO item
Date: 2001-09-23 12:59:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi guys,

I've been looking at CLUSTER today. I've put together a patch which
recreates all the indices which current CLUSTER drops and copies relacl
from the old pg_class tuple and puts it in the new one.

I was working on updating pg_inherits to handle the new OID when it
occured to me that pg_inherits is not the only system table
corrupted. pg_trigger, pg_rewrite (and therefore views) and pg_description
need to be updated as well. It seems like the easiest thing to do would be
to update the new relation to have to OID of the old relation. Is there
any reason why we would not want to do this?

Gavin