RE: LIBPQ on Windows and large Queries

From: Joel Burton <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>
To: Khoa Do <kdo(at)stratacare(dot)com>
Cc: "'Steve Howe'" <howe(at)carcass(dot)dhs(dot)org>, "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: LIBPQ on Windows and large Queries
Date: 2001-07-26 20:37:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Khoa Do wrote:

> I'm surprised you are even able to run postgres in windows. I
> didn't even know postgres supported windows. Could you kindly point me to
> instructions on how to run it and build the postgres souce on windows? If
> nobody will try to fix it, then maybe we should just try it ourseleves and
> post some patch to it.

Steve's question was about the Postgres library (libpq.dll). I can't
confirm that is hasn't been TOAST'ed (for >8192 chars).

PostgreSQL does, however, run just peachy under Windows. Has for a long
time w/Windows NT and Windows 2000; recently, works with Windows 98
too. (Can't vouch for WinME, never touched the thing.)

www.cygwin.com

Can download it as part of the Cygwin package. You'll need to install
CygIPC (easily found via google, a simple binary install). Whole thing is
pretty much of a snap nowadays.

Of course, would you want to run a serious database under Windows 98?

--
Joel Burton <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>