Re: passing Windows NT user name to postgres triggers for logging

From: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>
To: Markus Wagner <wagner(at)imsd(dot)uni-mainz(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: passing Windows NT user name to postgres triggers for logging
Date: 2001-06-24 09:35:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

One thought comes to mind. First you must be able to get the NT username
somehow and put it in a temporary table in PG. I suggest doing this at
connect time. Second, write your functions/triggers such that they will
grab the username from the temporary table and use it for logging.
Temporary tables are visible only to the connection that created them so
you can have many connections that create temp tables with the same table
name.

Thoughts?

-Cedar