[QUESTION]: Recovery of tables

From: Mark Lawrence <nomad(at)null(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [QUESTION]: Recovery of tables
Date: 2001-04-25 01:01:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have a problem:

Due to a mismanaged upgrade I'm in the situation of having a
$PGDATA/base/template1 directory without any of the files from the $PGDATA
directory itself.

Using the unix 'strings' command I can see the data inside the actual
template1 database table files, however I can't get to the data using
postgresql.

I have tried a fresh install, recreating the tables, copying the old
template1 directory over the new but all queries return empty (no) rows.
Any ideas on how I can use the original table files to regain my data?

Thanks in advance,

Mark.
--
,-_|\