Re: [PHP] postgresql array with PHP

From: Grant <grant(at)conprojan(dot)com(dot)au>
To: darius(at)shell(dot)bourg(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PHP] postgresql array with PHP
Date: 2001-04-02 00:34:02
Lists: pgsql-interfaces pgsql-php

I had the same problem.

I believe having an array field type in a database table doesn't help keep
atomicity of the database.

What I did was, thought about my table schema a little more. Worked out
that I can use the array field type for only storing numbers. Why?

When I receive the row from postgres I explode it. If I was using text in
the array, it may contain "," which would then ruin the explode.

Where $row[6] is the selected array field containing only numbers.

$new_array = explode(",", ereg_replace("[{-}]", "", $row[6]));

I was talking to rasmus ages back and he said there is no support for
arrays from postgresql.