pg_dump - failed sanity check, type

From: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump - failed sanity check, type
Date: 2001-03-20 21:41:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(First of all, is this the right list?)

When doing
pg_dump testdb -u
I get
failed sanity check, type with oid 899762 was not found

I searched my backend log for this oid and found something near the
'tryme' function. As far as I can find I have two functions defined with
different args and one has a problem. These are an old unused functions I
wrote in plpgsql. I'm guessing that if I remove them the problem will go
away.

Result | Function | Arguments
-----------+---------------------------+----------
bool | tryme | -
bool | tryme | record

testdb=# select proargtypes from pg_proc where proname='tryme';
proargtypes
298035
899762
(2 rows)

Am I making sense? .. comments? What's going on?

Thanks
-Cedar