Column character length

From: Adam Rose <adamr(at)eaze(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Column character length
Date: 2001-02-23 01:00:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

Using Postgres 7.0.3-2
DBI 1.14
Linux 2.2.14(Redhat 6.2).

I am working on Freeside and noticed that Postgres defaults to 31
char. max column length. I need more than 31 character column names for
Radius attributes.

I have input the large column name in postgres through psql with no
problem. But, when I try doing it through a do statement through perl
DBI, I get the an error saying 'NOTICE: truncating <column_name>' and it
truncates to 31 characters every time.

I am trying to be as through as possible. I appreciate any help given.

--
Adam Rose
Systems Programmer/Jr. Systems/Network Administrator