Re: problems with configure

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pete(dot)forman(at)westgeo(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problems with configure
Date: 2000-11-09 16:34:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

pete(dot)forman(at)westgeo(dot)com writes:

> Depending on the version of Solaris and the compiler flags the third
> argument can be a pointer to socklen_t, void, size_t or int.

I think what I'm going to do is this: The argument is question cannot
possibly be of a different width than int, unless someone is *really* on
drugs at Sun. Therefore, if the third argument to accept() is "void *"
then we just take "int". Evidently there will not be a compiler problem
if you pass an "int *" where a "void *" is expected. The fact that int
may be signed differently than the actual argument should not be a
problem, since evidently the true argument type varies with compiler
options, but surely the BSD socket layer does not.