Re: ODBC problem - crypt..

From: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC problem - crypt..
Date: 2000-10-10 12:39:23
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> Yup; see SSL.
>
> IIRC this was one of the reasons why a sniff-proof password security
> protocol didn't seem like a critical issue.

Ooooh-K. Sounds good, but I know next to nothing about SSL. Where is a
good place to start? Had a look at the PG source, from the looks of it, a
SSL link is established before any other data is sent (including
username/password), correct? Are there any special libraries required for
compiling PG with SSL support? Also, what about use of SSL inside/outside
the US?

Now for the big question: Does the ODBC driver support SSL connections?

-Cedar