Re: JDBC and BLOB in Postgres

From: Peter Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Didier Boudigue <didier(dot)boudigue(at)nextenso(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC and BLOB in Postgres
Date: 2000-10-10 10:24:55
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Didier Boudigue wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying Blob with JDBC Driver jdbc7.0-1.2 on postgresql 7.0.2
> (Mandrake 7.1) follwing the example given in paragraph "Using Large
> Objects" Chapter 58. JDBC Interface.
>
> the getBinaryStream seems ok provided the blob is in the database,
> while the setBinaryStream method call returns :
>
> Error : InputStream as parameter not supported
>
> Did I miss something ?

No. getBinaryStream() currently reads the entire blob into a
ByteArrayInputStream, which is what it then returns.

setBinaryStream() is in 7.1

Some alternatives are in the ImageViewer example.

Peter

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk http://www.retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/