Re: Driver or Postgres doesn't report refer. integr. errors

From: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>
To: Erny <aerd(at)retemail(dot)es>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Driver or Postgres doesn't report refer. integr. errors
Date: 2000-10-10 09:14:07
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> The bad news, whenever I delete or update a record causing error in referential integrity, no error is reported to Access. The record seems to disappear, but when rereading the table (or recordset), the 'deleted' record reappears.

Yes, this is a known problem with the current ODBC driver. There are
patches that fix this.

Who's in charge of the ODBC driver? Patches are fine, but I'm sure there
are many of us that cannot compile under windows, myself included. When
can we get RI violation reporting included in the 'real' ODBC driver? I
don't like to rely on a special 'hacked' version of something in a
production environment.

Thanks

-Cedar