MD5 hash function for PostgreSQL

From: stephane(at)u-picardie(dot)fr
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MD5 hash function for PostgreSQL
Date: 2000-10-09 01:24:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know I posted a MD5 hash function for PostgreSQL,
based on a request I got for this kind of feature. The code is based on
the soundex module (as found in 7.0.2), with the original RSA MD5 code
found in the MD5 Perl module. (Please note the MD5 hash is not necessarily
cryptographically secure; I only implemented it because of the request I
got.)

The code can be downloaded from
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~salnet/postgresql/
(I couldn't find an "upload" area on ftp.postgresql.org).

You can test the implementation by comparing the output of md5pg.sql with
the result of "md5sum test" (the "test" file is provided in the package).

Please forward any questions directly to me -- I do not subscribe to the
list!

S.