Re: RE: Create table in functions

From: Andreas Tille <tillea(at)rki(dot)de>
To: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL SQL <pgsql-sql(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RE: Create table in functions
Date: 2000-09-01 12:44:48
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Jan Wieck wrote:

First of all thank you very much for your effort!
This is definitely a good argument for PostgeSQL to have such fast
support in adding features which might convince some of my collegues
or my boss :).

> Could you try out the current CVS sources?
Well, I walked around the problem and I'm affrais I don't want to use
the CVS tree in a production environment. Moreover I have very poor
bandwith and I'm sitting behind a CVS disabled firewall :(. So I
have problems to check it soon. May be I coudl try a patch against
7.0.2 sources if this would not make much trouble.
I definitely will honor your effort by testing it but I can't do this
in the next weeks!

> I've added an EXECUTE keyword to PL/pgSQL earlier - er -
> yesterday. It should give you the power to at least port the
> proc below to PostgreSQL.
Hopefully some other PostgreSQL users besides me will love you for that .

Kind regards

Andreas.