Hopefully simple date conversion question

From: "Jason C(dot) Pion" <jpion(at)home(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Hopefully simple date conversion question
Date: 2000-07-28 23:00:32
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a legacy database that I am porting to PostgreSQL. One of the
fields is an integer column that actually represents a date. It is
represented as the number of days since July 1, 1867.

What I am wondering is: Is there a function or other means of getting this
integer converted into a real date field? I hope the answer isn't too
obvious. I did do some looking into this, but I'm fairly new to Postgres.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jason