Finding number of updated rows in pl/pgsql

From: Aaron Sethman <androsyn(at)ratbox(dot)org>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Finding number of updated rows in pl/pgsql
Date: 2000-06-05 21:08:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

Is there any easy way to find out the number of rows updated by a update
or insert statement in pl/pgsql? I searched the mailing list archives and
didn't come up with anything. Oh and BTW doing an insert/update combined
with select following won't exactly work as it is possible for this table
to have duplicated data in it.

Thanks,

Aaron