Re: Vanilla Solaris 8

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Toth Istvan <stoty(at)tvnet(dot)hu>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vanilla Solaris 8
Date: 2000-05-30 16:09:24
Lists: pgsql-ports

Toth Istvan writes:

> I had to add
>
> #include <stdarg.h>
>
> to /include/c.h, the old varargs.h does not exist (I guess this is a gcc
> 2.95 issue)

c.h already includes stdarg.c conditional on STDC_HEADERS. We already had
one prior report of this failing somehow but no follow-up. Could you
please send me the files config.log and config.cache to look at (off
list)?

> The bundled perl generates mefiles for the perl interface that wants tu
> use the SUNSoft cc I had to hack the bundled Config.PM to make it
> compile.

Yes, the build of the Perl stuff is kind of shaky.

> This is not Postgresql's fault, but it would be nice to include a
> warinig about it in the INSTALL file.

Probably.

--
Peter Eisentraut Sernanders väg 10:115