PostgreSQL and Zope

From: Oleg Broytmann <phd(at)phd(dot)russ(dot)ru>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)wallace(dot)ece(dot)rice(dot)edu>
Subject: PostgreSQL and Zope
Date: 1999-11-11 15:45:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello!

Ross J. Reedstrom, current maintainer of PostgreSQL Database Adapter for
Zope (based, of course, on PyGreSQL), said very positive words about
PostgreSQL and Postgres team:

"My experience with the PostgreSQL developers and mailing lists are very
similar to the Zope lists: lots of clueful, helpful people (some of them
are the same people ;-) Bugs exist (what software is perfect?), but get
diagnosed and fixed very rapidly. Features are added (and limitations
removed) on a weekly basis. I get the feeling that the pgsql project has
turned a corner in the last year or two: the code base has been cleaned
up, making it easier to understand, and contribute code. New developers
are being attracted, and quickly becoming contributers. It feels like
it's reaching critical mass. The pgsql-hackers list reminds me of the
linux-kernel list from about '92 or so, in that respect.

If you haven't looked at PostgreSQL since it's Postgres95 days, it's
definitely time to look again."

http://www.egroups.com/list/zope/md185412286.html

Yes, I was one of those who sent him "works for me" message. :)

Oleg.
----
Oleg Broytmann http://members.xoom.com/phd2/ phd2(at)earthling(dot)net