Re: [HACKERS] Readline use in trouble?

From: Oleg Broytmann <phd(at)phd(dot)russ(dot)ru>
To: Jan Wieck <wieck(at)debis(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Readline use in trouble?
Date: 1999-10-19 14:56:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Jan Wieck wrote:
> I think readline isn't our biggest problem. What about if
> they notice that our parser can only be compiled when using
> bison, and that we ship the generated output for the case
> someone doesn't has bison installed?

Until they make a significant change in their license we don't need to
worry. GPL specifically states that the RESULTS of GNU-protected programs
are not covered at all. These results can be used in any way you want,
including commercial ways. Only program's code matter.

Oleg.
----
Oleg Broytmann http://members.xoom.com/phd2/ phd2(at)earthling(dot)net