Re: [HACKERS] Readline use in trouble?

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Jan Wieck <wieck(at)debis(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Readline use in trouble?
Date: 1999-10-19 14:55:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I think readline isn't our biggest problem. What about if
> they notice that our parser can only be compiled when using
> bison, and that we ship the generated output for the case
> someone doesn't has bison installed?

afaik this is explicitly covered as "conforming behavior" in the GNU
license for bison. It was not always so, but the license for bison was
recently updated to allow distributing generated code.

I should point out that rms himself is on speaking terms with us; he
recently referred someone here to ask about Postgres vis a vis Oracle
compatibility. I'm pretty sure we are one of "the good guys" in Open
Source. ;)

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California