Java+PostgreSQL

From: Marcelo Pereira <gandalf(at)sum(dot)desktop(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Java+PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-01-09 16:30:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I don't use Java, but I would like to know:

Could a Java program access directly a PostgreSQL database (like PHP
does), or I `have' to use jdbc??

I have been using PHP and C to access my database without any type of
`driver' like odbc.

In the case, I would like to write a really simple java program that runs
under Linux/Windows and both accessing PostgreSQL on my linux box.

Thanks in advance and,
Best Regards,

Marcelo Pereira

-- Remember that only God and ^[:w saves.
__
(_.\ © Marcelo Pereira |
/ / ___ marcelo(at)pereira(dot)com |
/ (_/ _ \__ [Math|99]-IMECC |