Mirroring ENTIRE DATABASE.

From: Bhuvan A <bhuvansql(at)linuxfreemail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Mirroring ENTIRE DATABASE.
Date: 2002-05-29 07:24:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

How can we mirror an ENTIRE DATABASE? I have came across pgreplicator
and it seems that it will mirror ONLY TABLES. Then how about views,
functions, triggers, sequences, etc.(somebody correct me if wrong)

So am i unable to mirror a ENTIRE DATABASE in postgres? Else shall i
do this way on per day basis.

$ pg_dump -h localhost dbname user | psql -h hostname dbname user

Or is there any other better option than this one. Ofcourse i am
planning to mirror within LAN. Expecting your valuable suggestions.

regards,
bhuvaneswaran.