Pattern Matching on Columns

From: Bhuvan A <bhuvansql(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Pattern Matching on Columns
Date: 2002-01-17 05:16:54
Lists: pgsql-sql

Thu Jan 17 10:26:49 IST 2002
----------------------------

Hello,

How can i apply a delimiter, in pattern matching on database columns?

say, in my table i have a column of type 'text' and each of its value
is MULTIPLE lines.

Now, i would like to search for a string in (say delimiter is '\n')
that column and it should result in that many MATCHED LINES instead of
that many matched columns.

How can i achieve this? Thankx in advance.

NOTE: Kindly apologize for any inconvenience.

I like work; it fascinates me; I can sit and look at it for hours.

Regards,
Bhuvaneswar.