Using 'insert' command from libpq: variables

From: Paul Mills <cybrinjn(at)gis(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Using 'insert' command from libpq: variables
Date: 2000-05-17 02:31:33
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Search as I may through the documentation, I have seen no
examples of how to use C languange variables as arguments of the
SQL 'insert' command in libpq. All examples show explicit
values being inserted. I want to have a program get user input
and plsce it into variables where the values can be verified
before being inserted. How do I do this? i.e. can I just say,

'insert into <table> values ( var1, var2 var3 ...)'

Paul